Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Fun!


The age old month of fright is upon us and I couldn't be more excited. I love Halloween and everything related to it. I especially love the corny or cheesy aspects of it like a movie watching party of the classic, Hocus Pocus. Both APO and my Venturing Crew are on the bandwagon to have some good ol' fashioned Halloween fun!

As Vice President of Programs for my Venturing crew back in Fort Worth, I got the opportunity to arrange some fun activities for the group. On Sunday October 23rd, we're going to have a lovely afternoon ZIPLINING in LaRue,Texas. Doesn't that sound like a barrel full of monkeys?!?!? I wish I had gone home this weekend to fly through the air at the speed of light and kick the last week of October off right, but I'm sure pictures of other people flying will do just fine. While zipling will be a blast, I'm really excited about the next event on Saturday October 29th. Usually, Six Flags enlists Boy Scouts and other organizations to help out with their haunted house but this year they decided to stay internal. So I found us another haunted house to help at. Terrorplex is where we shall be sending our youth and adult volunteers to do everything from park cars to scaring people from dark crannies of the haunted house. This sounds like so much fun! I don't like being scared but I LOVE scaring others. The Haunted house will serve as a building block to hopefully a long lasting relationship with helping Terrorplex and perhaps we can organize a fundraiser through them another year. Venturing Crew 707 will be having tons of fun this week, that's for sure.


Here in San Antonio, APO will be having fun too! This weekend, Trinity's Delta Pi Chapter of APO is hosting the Fall Regional Conference for all of the APO organizations in our region. Last spring, the conference was at UT and it was so much fun! Meeting new people, networking for future opportunities and not to mention cool stuff! Our theme is Fiesta (yes, we're in San Antonio, home of the Alamo so we will use it in the design whenever we can) and its sure to be one. We'll have tee shirts, cups, notebooks and a awesome Fiesta dance at the end of the conference on Saturday night. I really love this opportunity to have fun with new and old friends and escape from school for a while. AND I almost forgot! Trinity University's Theater Department shall be putting on their annual production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show this Thursday, Friday and Saturday night! Everyone at the conference will have the opportunity to go and see the talent and tradition that we cult followers love!!!

While I'm counting down the days to All Hallow's Eve (Halloween) I'm also counting down the days of fun with both my Scouting and APO friends!!

Websites used:
Hocus Pocus- http://disneymoviesonline.go.com/movies/hocus-pocus-750000000558/?cmp=d2c_AFC_insider_hocus_pocus__Extl
Rocky Horror Picture Show- http://www.rockyhorror.com/images/downloads/RockyHorrorPictureShow_iPhoneWallpaper02.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment